You can either install Samsung firmware with Odin or use custom recoveries like CWM or TWRP. To flash the firmware on Android, you must have a smartphone, a computer or laptop, a USB data cable, and Odin software. Unfortunately, the problem with OTA (over-the-air) updates is that they are not released for all Android phones. It depends on your region and network carrier whether you’ll receive an OTA update or not. Thankfully, there are various ways to install official updates other than waiting for OTA. After adding the file, click “Start” to begin the flashing process.
- If the existing interface has a lot of ads or bloatware, you can install a custom ROM to permanently get rid of them.
- I’ve looked up a couple of guides on how to root the device but most of the legit rooting methods require here having a stock ROM of your device that is going to patched, and later, installed.
- Here, we’ll use the Script Manager app to make a backup on Android.
- The company gives a lot for customer care services and provides maximum effort that its products stay intact with current market requirements, despite the fact that it was released long before.
- We would give our best to keep the links up to date for the latest ROM and boot images.
The added functionalities of Havoc-OS include tons of mods for the Status bar, buttons, lights, gestures, and other various configurations. While at times, it lacks stability, I can surely say that it has the maximum customizability features. So if you want something like Resurrection Remix but with the latest Android version then Havoc-OS will take you right home.
The camera is one of the critical aspects when buying any smartphone. The camera is not limited to any influencer due to its multipurpose usage. It can be used to send photos of delicious food at a restaurant to make your friends salivate or by a YouTuber to shoot their videos. If you want to know the changes between each GCam update, sites like XDA Developers, 9to5Google, etc, often release articles about changes and new features.
Package names are usually needed to access all cameras and/or to enable features like Google Lens. After downloading the apk file (how to find a good version), you need to install it. However, since it is a third-party app that is not officially supported by Google, some features of the app may not be fully compatible with certain Android devices. It is recommended to check if GCam APK is compatible with your device before installing it, and to only download the app from this magiskzip.com. Check below how to check your phone compatible or not for GCam. In the build.prop editor, add the following command line and save it.
Huawei uses its own custom Android operating system called as EMUI. For newcomers, it makes more sense to accept the stock Android platform rather than spend time and resources developing a custom interface. However, if you’re looking for a safe bet, you’ll want to stick with stock Android. Here is a couple to consider if you’re in the market for a low-cost, stock Android phone.